Forum Title: How do I identify window manufacturer? Need replacement gaskets (photos inside)
Hello! I have at least one window in my condo building that is allowing water to leak inside: After spraying a hose at it, and taking a closer look, it appears that the rubber gaskets that cover the hinge mechanism have disintegrated: After looking around my building, I have noticed that this is not an isolated problem, and other windows are experiencing the same problem: I would like to replace these gaskets / flashing myself. Is that possible? How do I identify the window manufacturer to find out more information on the disassembly process and to find new (better) gaskets? Are these considered 'Sash Seals'? And are there retro-fit kits that I could install myself?
Category: Windows & Doors Post By: WILMA VEGA (Kansas City, KS), 01/13/2019

I have Marvin Intregrity windows in my house and would have them again. That said, I don't think they're fiberglass.

- KIMBERLY HARRIS (Eugene, OR), 02/22/2019

XSleeper will check in on this, but it appears from the latch and handle these are Pella. Let him confirm this or steer us differently.

- GENE NUNEZ (Peoria, IL), 02/13/2019

Definitely not Pella. Judging by the quality and your location, I'm thinking maybe Menards... Jeld wen or Crestline... but do as Pilot Dane said and look everywhere for any clues. The arms should have a hardware name like Truth... look on the window spacer bar between the glass for any fine print that is stamped, or an etch in the glass in a bottom corner.

- NICOLE GOMEZ (Deltona, FL), 02/09/2019

Repair, Maintenance, Information, Advice, Tips, Help And More...

requestaquote Get Free Quotes callnow 888-506-9527